APPS UK EXCELLENCE AWARDS:
During the Summer Gala Dinner on the 16th of June, the association gave awards to individuals of Pakistani heritage, based upon an overall exceptional performance in their clinical field as well as service to humanity.
1. APPS Physician of the Year 2012: Dr Maria Ahmed
Education Associate to the General Medical Council (GMC) where she is involved in the quality assurance of medical training. She is also a member of the Trainee Steering Group of the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM).
2. APPS Surgen of the Year 2012: Mr Khurshid Akhtar
Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal and Obesity Surgeon, Salford ROyal Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust. He is recognised as the only Surgoen in the North West who has performed more than 700 obesity operations since 2004.
3. APPS Dentist of the Year 2012 : Dr Sarah Nasreen Hussain
Principal dentist at the Holly House Dental Practice. Stockport. She is the youngest dentist of Pakistani origin with MFGDP and FGDP Diploma in restorative dentistry. She is also a clinical tutor at Manchester Dental Hospital.
4. APPS Appreciation Award: Mr Mohammed Jawad
Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Golden Jubilee Hospital, London. He is the first british Pakistani Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon who played leading role in the Oscar winning documentary ‘Saving Face’.
5. APPS Appreciation Award: Dr Syed Nayyer Abidi MBE
This was in recognition of his exceptional contribution to community health services.
6. APPS Exceptional Member of the Year 2012: Aneeqa Malik and Professor Aamir Ghafoor from London and Peshawar respectively.
If you would like to nominate someone in any of the above categories for next year, please email their name, contact number, a short profile (detailing the reasons for nomination) and 2 referees to: email@example.com
APPS UK PLAB AWARD:
This award is for the doctor of Pakistani heritage who scores the highest mark in the PLAB 1 examination during the year 2012.
The prize is a lump sum of Pakistani Rupees: 50,000.
1. Be a doctor of Pakistani heritage.
2. Will be taking the PLAB 1 exam from now till 31 December 2012 at any test centre.
3. Register for APPS PLAB Award before taking your PLAB examination giving details of the test date and venue.
How to apply:
Please send us an email on: firstname.lastname@example.org for an APPS Award Application Form.